Need more living space?
Even if you don’t already have a deck or patio, as long as you have extra space on your property you can always convert that to additional living space. Sunspace Sunrooms’ products come in a variety of configurations and versions and are incredibly modular. For example, you may have never even considered the fact that what is currently your deck can be transformed in a short amount of time into the home office of your dreams!
A home transformation like this can be hard to imagine or even visualize. Sometimes it helps to come out to our showroom and see for yourself the final result — and just how much is possible. From a breezy enclosed screen room to a fully insulated Four Season Sunroom, truly the only limit is your own desires.
Looking for added value?
Convert your existing space! With the conversion to a Four Season Sunroom, you can treat your home extension as any kind of room you would have wanted or longed for when you first moved in. Looking for a new guest bedroom? Or possibly just more living space to spend time with the family and relax? Or maybe a private study where you can read a book in peace and quiet while still enjoying the view of the lovely outdoors from the comfort of your home?
Interested in Energy Efficiency?
Insulated sunrooms are a great way to go green without even knowing it. By design, insulated sunrooms will stay warm during the winter and cooler during the summer, this can easily translate into a lower utility bill year round as this thermal energy transfers and evens out into the rest of the house.
Some sunroom owners may have taken a DIY approach or had help from outside contractors; if your sunroom is a few years old and is starting to show it’s age, there are some things you could try to do to help extend the life and livability of your room, such as:
- Check the window frames on both the interior and exterior. If you notice any significant gaps or cracks, you may want to consider investing in some caulk or weatherproof adhesive to help control the situation. These leaks and gaps are obvious losses of significant amounts of energy in both the hotter and cooler seasons.
- During winter, check your local home improvement store and purchase a weatherization kit: typically this will be a plastic film or cover you place over your window frames with an adhesive (or they may stick individually) which will help keep heat from escaping as easily to winter’s cold bite. In addition, or instead of this, you may also consider getting thick drapes to cover the curtains with.
- The opposite is actually possible during the summer — if you purchase some type of reflective drape to prevent excessive amounts of sun leaking into your home. You may have likely seen something like this implemented in other people’s cars in parking lots during the summer.
- A fan is an excellent purchase for both warmer and cooler months. Good airflow is key to a temperate home, and being able to cool off during the heat or circulate the warm air during the winter is always important.
If you’re looking to improve your energy efficiency at all with the experts from Canton Aluminum on your side, you can be guaranteed that you’ll have a quality installation that will last.
Full Temperature Control
Of course sometimes our ecological footprint isn’t the first concern and there are multitudes of ways to enhance the comfort of your sunroom. Many homes have pre-existing methods of heating and cooling, and these work just fine. If this isn’t the case, there are several options which could be more appealing.
- Baseboard Heaters: An easy approach would be to simply add baseboard heating to your sunroom. Though easy, this can add up in saved utility costs fairly quickly depending on how large of a space you’re trying to heat and depending on how frequently.
- Fireplaces: A ventless gas fireplace may be a better option if you have room to fit one and it matches the décor of your room. Fireplaces can be the main attraction of many sunrooms and are great to enjoy on cool nights in front of the fire.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your sunroom or what can be done to improve it, or if you’re looking to convert an existing deck or patio, simply contact our experts with years of experience to help you achieve your goals!