Summer is a beautiful and almost magical time of year filled with late star-gazing nights, morning swims, and colorful gardens everywhere you look. What many people fail to mention however, is how exhausting summertime can truly be. With children home from school, family outings, BBQs, and what can feel like a revolving door of guests in your home, house chores can become more and more tiring to maintain.
How many times have you stood in the kitchen, staring at a sink filled with dirty dishes and said to yourself, “I’ll do it later”? Whether it’s the Mount Everest pile of laundry or watching the dust bunnies run marathons on your coffee table, many chores become repetitive, mind-numbing tasks no one has the energy to do- especially because within an hour, day, or week, you know you will only have to do it all over again.
Keeping Your Siding Clean
Canton Aluminum knows how tiring keeping your house organized and clean can be which is why we offer standard, specialty, and insulated vinyl siding. These options not only give your home a fresh new look, but require very minimal cleaning and maintenance. Below are a few tips to help keep your vinyl siding clean from one season to the next:
- A standard hose is all that is needed to clean vinyl siding. However- if you are use a power washer remember to keep the pressure washer spray pattern wide and in constant motion. This prevents damage to the siding.
- Wash from the bottom, up- and rinse from the top, down.
- You can use a vinegar and water solution as an environmentally-friendly way to remove the occasional mildew stain.
- Remember to turn off and protect porch lights and other electrical devices when cleaning vinyl siding.
- Avoid using any cleaning products that contain organic solvents (liquid grease remover, nail polish remover, furniture polish) as these products might damage the siding’s surface.